Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Brand I love: Philip Kingsley

style-rx loves philip kingsley




Wanna know something super embarrassing? I have extremely fine, thin hair...and not a lot of it. Yes, it is very long, but if you take a close look at my scalp, there really isn't much there. I am terrified of balding (it runs in my family). When I was 15, I cut off 12 inches of my hair to donate, in the hopes that it would give me good karma and the hair gods would spare me from the dreaded hair loss the rest of my family faces (yes, even the women). So when I started losing clumps of hair in the shower, I thought my time had come and that the balding process had begun.




I turned to my sister (also a beauty junkie) and she told me to try out Philip Kingsley's products. My nephew was having a similar problem and was getting a bald spot, but by using PK (while taking the right vitamins and supplements), he now has a beautiful head of thick hair.

Philip Kingsley is the world's most respected authority on hair and scalp health -- and for good reason. There are no crazy products in his range, just simple shampoos, conditioners and treatments that really work. All PK products are safe on colour-treated hair (which is awesome, since I just bleached the heck out of my locks).

My fave products? The Body Building Shampoo and Conditioner, and the Scalp Toner, which stimulates blood supply to the scalp for optimum hair health. My mom and I have been using these for a few months, and we both can already see a HUGE difference (especially mom, since she has shorter hair).

I just ordered the Elasticizer, the multi-award winning pre-shampoo treatment that was originally created for Audrey Hepburn (!!!) to bring some life back to my now damaged locks. Will fill you in on how it works in a future post.

Check out Philip Kingsley's website for great tips on how to keep your hair healthy, and to shop their products. You can also buy them at Holt Renfrew, or order them online at bathandunwind.com (they offer free delivery to Canada!)

Have you tried Philip Kingsley's products before? What are your thoughts?

XO,
Madelyn

P.S. Follow me on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr!






No comments:

Post a Comment