Thursday, September 12, 2013

What I Wore: Borrowed From The Boys

style-rx.ca


I'm all about menswear lately, so it's only fitting that this week's outfit post has something borrowed from the boys. 

There's something about a woman wearing a man's dress shirt that is incredibly sexy. (Not convinced? Just look at this photo of Aimee Song, or this one of Jennifer Aniston in GQ). They remind me of those  *good* "morning after" scenes in the movies where the woman picks up her man's shirt off of the floor and throws it on to make some coffee. 

I picked up this men's shirt from J.Crew during my recent trip to the Toronto Premium Outlets and paid $30. Quite the bargain if you ask me (though I'm still not sure if it was entirely worth that adventure). Since I was feeling a little bit girly, I paired it with this black skirt from Gap Kids which I bought years ago (I believe it was from their holiday collection, hence the tulle) and put on my favourite pair of ankle boots from Jeffrey Campbell to give it some edge. It was pretty windy outside so I borrowed this white Danier leather jacket from my mom to keep me warm...and voila! Outfit complete.  



style-rx.ca



style-rx.ca


style-rx.ca


style-rx.ca


style-rx.ca

style-rx.ca

Shirt: J.Crew (similar here)
Skirt: Gap Kids (old, similar here)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
Jacket: Danier (old, similar here)
Bag: Zara
Watch: Karl Lagerfeld
Necklace: Hermes



Special thanks to my darling friend, Jade, for taking these photos.

XO,
Madelyn

P.S. Are we Internet friends yet? We should be! I'm on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest. See you there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment